Bomb Release Handle

Fixbayonets!

I picked up these two instruments that I would like to properly ID before I eventually sell them.  The first is a bomb release handle Mark 4 Model 3 and the second is a Army Air Forces ammunition counter for left & right guns.  I searched around on the internet but have found next to nothing about them.  What I would really like to know is what specific aircraft are these instruments associated with?  I know the ammunition counter dates from WWII but I am not positive about the bomb release handle?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

Rob  

release1.jpg

Jim MacDonald

Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to post photos of the bomb sight. I believe that that model of bomb sight was also used in the TBD Devastator.

Mac

TBD81.jpg

Thanks for the photo Mac!  Do you think the sight in the period photo is the exact same model as the one I have?  Mine does not have the sights mounted on top.  I wonder if the sights were held on by clamps and are missing from mine.

Rob  

Jim MacDonald

No problem, Rob. I'm pretty sure it's the same. If you look close you can see that the sights are clamped on with a bolt. I think that yours is just missing those clamped on sights and also the rubber eye piece. From what I've seen on ebay, the eye piece seems to be missing the majority of the time.

Mac