Buried for years now resurrected

Actually, not only pilot insignia. USAAF and USAAC officer's collar device. See this bombardier's photo:

Julius Keller.jpg

Any USAAC/USAAF officer would have worn these on his lapel. There is a large version of the same insignia that is for the cadet's cap.

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

If the clutch back was on it when found, that is definitely a WWII era one. See on the flat side . . . no nubs. 

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Take a look here, and you can see the cap badge version, officer version and enlisted version:

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/usaafmiscellaneous.shtml

donation2018.gif

Its a standard WW2 AAF officers wing and prop collar insignia. 

You will also see a aviation cadet wear these on a Overseas cap on the left side as well

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Replied to your PMs! :)

donation2018.gif