Hot Question on PHILA QM tag on Ike

Teutonen

Folks,

Quick question. I have seen a purported WW2 IKE . I have seen alot of WW2 IKES over the years.  Most tags are dated, and are usually by contracted clothiers. This one just says: 

Phila. Quartermaster Depot

------------------------------------

Inspected by

There is no info if or  who inspected.

There  IS a small paper tag stapled in the jacket that says 044.

My question/s: is this WW2, have you seen it on WW2 jackets?

Thank you.

Jeff

What is the size of the jacket? I see these tags on clothing that is larger then the largest standard size made by manufacturers. I’ve also seen it on pieces that have been custom tailored. Send a picture of the Ike as well as any other tags on the inside. Made sure to get pictures of al the features of it as well.

Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the years going through so many Ikes and blouses I used to see at the rag houses I have def. seen that label.  Just a plain white label w/ Phla.QM Dept. on it.

• 1 month later...

Re-looking at this thread the OP mentioned a tag with "044" on it. I'm guessing this is a size tag for a 44-something jacket (could be 44S, 44R, or 44L). Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure jackets were only made up to a size 42L in contracted lots (basically when the army sold a contract to a company to produce a uniform for example, they laid out the size and specs which they were made to) and so sense there wasn't much need for any size larger then 42L, anything above that had to be made specially hence the non contract spec label and just the quartermaster label. I'm guessing it's the same thing for smaller jackets (jackets under 34S). 

If you have a jacket with this label it would be good to categorize label and size.

Hunt

I have a pair of mint Khaki's (definitely WWII) with this exact "sparse" type of tag.  Also, a short billed army HBT cap.  Both tags have no contract info whatsoever.