Veteran Interviews

Military_Curator

Military_Curator

Hey all,

Whats better than the medals, ribbons, uniforms, and field gear we all love to collect? The men and woman who earned, wore, and used them! I partnered with a local museum to interview local veterans and I thought I'd make a thread for them all to share them with you all in one place. 

(Not sure if this is allowed so if this is in violation, feel free to remove)

Here is the trailer for the project.

Military_Curator

Roy Cunningham is a local retired USAF Colonel. He served during Vietnam and created a cross pollination program between the Philippines and US Boy Scouts (He served as a pilot during Vietnam).

Military_Curator

This is my grandfather James Ferguson. He was in the Coast Guard during Vietnam. I have his flight jacket and a few other smalls from his time in the Coast Guard.

Military_Curator

Robert Cobb was an F4 Phantom pilot in the US Navy during Vietnam. He was a very interesting guy to interview and is both intelligent and sharp!

Military_Curator

Duane Trowbridge was one of my favorite vets to interview. He was in the Marines during Korea and participated in Inchon, Seoul, and Chosin. Duane was also a double awardee of the Purple Heart (shrapnel in the knee at Seoul and in 1951 was shot in the head by a sniper). Rest in Peace Duane.

Military_Curator

Richard Engel served in the Marines, serving in Lebanon. He actually was present when the US Embassy was bombed. He was at the embassy for inspection the night before.

Military_Curator

Larry Hazelwood served as a door gunner in Vietnam with the 40th Signal Battalion. He is a recipient of the Purple Heart (his Huey crashed).

• 2 months later...
Military_Curator

Bert Everett is a close friend of mine. he was a supply sergeant with the 120th AAA Battalion at Fort Richardson, Alaska during Korea.