A few surplus shop goodies

Nkomo

I went down to Nashville a couple of weeks ago for a little vacation. I was able to stop at Ft. Campbell and Ft. Knox as well. I found some excellent items, mostly vests and pouches. I was able to pick up a few nice DCU's as well (3rd ID and 10th Mtn. Div). What I'm going to post on here are some of the more interesting items I was able to find.

The first item is a nice US Army SARVIP that has been spray-painted tan. I am assuming this was done for use in Iraq or Afghanistan. I saw it down in Ft. Campbell 6 months ago and forgot to buy it. Luckily, when I went back down, it was still there and the price was still as cheap!

3rd_AAAAA_100.jpg

3rd_AAAAA_101.jpg

Here are three pouches I picked up. These were in a pile of misc. pouches. These are interesting because they are made from BDU material and what appears to be duffle bag. They are all unmarked except for the green one which has a B-3-7 chalked into on of the pockets. My guess is rigger-made.

3rd_AAAAA_104.jpg

3rd_AAAAA_105.jpg

Lastly, I picked up an odd little scope from a surplus shop. Normally, I would have passed this thing by because it is commercial. However, the shop had lots of used uniforms, NVG mounts, survival gear, etc. and this scope was sitting in the case. For the price the guy was asking, I couldn't pass it up. According to the guy, a soldier brought it in for sale. The scope has been through Hell and the lenses have a fine sand encrusted around the edges. It is a Simmons scope and I'm not even sure what power it is. I just thought it was a neat find regardless. Don't let the outside fool you, the optics still work well. When I got home, I tried it out on one of dad's Ar-15's and it mounted perfectly on top of the carrying handle. Since then, I have bought a rail and am in the process of buying the scope rings. Someday, I'll buy an AR-15 to put it on.

Anyone know if the military used Simmons scopes? Were soldiers allowed to purchase civilian scopes for their own use? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Arch

3rd_AAAAA_108.jpg

3rd_AAAAA_109.jpg

Arch

Good stuff

B-3-7, B coy, 3rd Bn 7th SFG, probably from when they were stationed in Panama.

What is dimension of the pouches? 6" X 10"?

Of course you could use private purchase scopes

Matt

Arch,

Those pouches with the velcro on the front look like they might have been made to fit between the cummerbund and the chest panel

on body armor to hold 30 rd. 5.56mm magazines. I've seen pouches like that before.