Inherited Helmet...Question?

reapp

A few years back I inherited a dozen old helmets from a deceased uncle who was a photographer in the AAC in the what is now Myanmar.  He was very active in his VFW and his buddies would give or trade things with him.  This is one of the helmets, and I was hoping that the experts on the board could tell me about it.  Specifically, what the stenciled "SPO" and "1G" might represent?.  The previous owner had penned "Ketch" on the cover, which I assume was his name.  Also, my wife is in the healthcare field, and she said that the helmet appears to have been exposed to blood based on stains on the cover.   Just looking for information, as I am not a collector of these things.  Also, feel free to be frank, as I have thick skin and have nothing invested in this.  Thanks in advance for the input!

006.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Airborne-Hunter

Liner mid war with green A-Washers. Cover is a type 1 USMC cover without slits. It is debated as to when this cover was issued but the general consensus now seems to be late war. The burgundy stuff doesn't look like blood to me. It definitely looks like the cover was exposed to something, but not sure based off the photos. The SPO mark is a stencil as I would expect in WW2/Korea. The Kelch in blue is something I would expect a kid to do or something I would expect in the 60s. In all it could have been issued WW2-Vietnam ABN