Airborne Training Center on Ebay avoid

mortaydc60

vintageproductions

Instead of just saying avoid this seller, you should tell the membership why.

Otherwise it looks like you are just attacking a specific  seller.

Good point ,was not clear enough in that i was not attacking the seller but the reproduction he was selling . I would hope that by now with all of the posts I have made over the years I have never attacked anyone on the forum and anyone who follows my posts knows that i only have the best intentions in the furthering of the knowledge and information to better serve the collecting community.

vintageproductions

Mort- The auction must have ended as the seller has nothing listed.

Instead of just saying it's fake, why don't you explain to collectors, what they should be looking for and what's wrong with this one?

You are right again Bob,I should of given more detail. Big clue to alot of reproductions is that they seem to be crooked and have warped edges. Detail work is poor with not straight lines, etc.  Another tell is the stiff threads sticking out from the edges which usually indicates synthetic thread.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-DE-CAELUM-DUCIMUS-Airborne-Patch/392925229858?hash=item5b7c2b3322:g:AMAAAOSwn9VfTCgT

This appears to be the type of embroidery that we are seeing out of Eastern Europe. It approximates what a vintage patch should look like, but it misses the mark in that it doesn't have the correct style of embroidery or the proper felt background.

I honestly don't think the seller was out to screw anyone with a $10 opening bid.

Oh, the reason you couldn't find this Bob is that Mort listed the wrong seller's ID.

Allan