WW1 Collar Disk, 'NA' Type ?

dpast32

Hello Guys,  Hopefully someone here is a bit more knowledgeable on this subject than I am. I have 2 U.S. WW1 Collar Disks, both of which have 'U.S. 302' on them, but 1 example is also 'NA' marked. I also know that 'NA' indicates an U.S. National Army formation. As far as I'm aware, both Disks were included with an WW1 U.S. 302nd Field Artillery Regt. Group. Would either Disk be correct / appropriate for the 302nd F.A., or ?? IIRC, the 302 F.A. was initially a component of the 76th Division, & was an National Army formation, right ? Any assistance here will be very much appreciated. THANK YOU.

Best,   dpast32

Steve Brannan

You are correct. The 302nd FA was part of the 76th Division in WW1. Early in the war they called the Divisions: Regular Army, National Army or National Guard. National Army Divisions were originally composed of Drafted soldiers, not Volunteers. By 1918 these designations  were dropped and the Collar disc with USNA were no longer made. The US (NA) 302 is early War. 

THANK YOU so very much Steve / 'wyatt265', I really appreciate it. In had an idea that the differences between the Disk with 'NA' & the example without 'NA'. Both Disks were included within a WW1 era Militaria & Postal Grouping named to a Sgt. assigned to the A.E.F.'s 302nd Field Artillery Regiment. As with so many Groupings, you're never really sure as to what truly belongs with a Group, & when it was put there ? I can't wait to start to reading & documenting all of his many letters home from France. He appears to have been a man who understood the necessity of recording & documenting his observations while overseas. Well, THANKS again, I appreciate your kind reply.

Best,      Dom Pastore Jr. / dpast32