MOLLUS LOYAL LEGION MEDAL HELP

Hi Guys & gals-

I was fortunate enough to save this one from a jewelry scrapper today. Sadly for me gold is at an all time high, but it is what it is, and maybe the history will help me out.  So if anyone would care to to share any info on #2925 I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Jerry

62049839706__B1AEC96F-0249-406C-AA47-49E286D5784B.JPG

IMG_5373.JPG

skypilot6670

Hey Mr. Jerry. “Union Blue , history of the military order of the  loyal legion “ this book has an  alphabetical list of the medals . I don’t have a copy , but I see several available on the web. I hope someone here can help you.  That’s  a great save , congrats Mike. 

wartimecollectables.com

2925 went to LTC Edgar P.  Hill, 23rd Wis. Infantry.

Can you post a pic showing the full ribbon?

Edgar P. Hill

Residence Portage WI; Enlisted on 8/29/1862 as a Captain. On 8/29/1862 he was commissioned into "C" Co. WI 23rd Infantry He was Mustered Out on 7/4/1865 at Mobile, AL Promotions: * Major 3/23/1863 * Lt Colonel 8/29/1863 Intra Regimental Company Transfers: * 3/23/1863 from company C to Field & Staff

Historical Data Systems, Inc.:

Thank you Andrew!

I appreciate it-  Nice that he is a local guy.

The ribbon is a little worse for wear, but it is what it is.

IMG_5378.JPG

IMG_5377.JPG

wartimecollectables.com

Great! The Commandry badges have a neck ribbon. Couldn't tell from post if it was. Thanks for pic!

• 11 months later...

Lightning strikes twice! Another medal in tonight from the same jewelry scrapper.  (arghhh!)

So if anyone would care to to share any info on MOLLUS #2940 I would appreciate it!

just 15 numbers off of my #2925-  and I might have a Mex Border/WWI/WWII medal group to a family member.

THANKS!

IMG_8233.JPG

IMG_8234.JPG