Need help with ID

Bill Scott

This is on the sleeve of a Major Generals Jacket and he was head of a section of Hawaii.This looks like a Crown to me but I can not find it at all.Thanks Scotty

118248567_927634234413301_6402068517133456920_n.jpg

If on MG it could be a Territory of Hawaii insignia....along the lines of the crown concept. 

Could be Coastal Artillery insignia too. 

Here is better photo if someone wants to try image searches. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.39.17 AM.png

It is an Expert Machine Gun Badge used in 1918-19. They were not popular and not used much but I have never heard of one in color they were usually OD on an OD background like the PFC rank patch. What looks like a crown is five belted MG bullets The line under them means Sharpshooter and the circle around it makes it Expert. I guess if a General wanted it color he got it in color.

Thank You One And All I would Never Have Figured That One Out.Scotty

Beware, there's one exactly like this on a 26th Cav Regt coat being auctioned on eBay and it's not on General's uniform.  Like what is stated the speciality chevron should be O.D.

This is currently being discussed in the uniform section under Rare Philippine Scout uniform on ebay. It is a fake.

CB

I'm just thinking out loud here but weren't these circular Marksmanship Cuff Rating Chevrons intended for the enlisted?   Earning them a few extra dollars a month on top of their regular base pay rate. 

They were a short lived WW1 insignia intended to be used in lieu of the metal marksmanship badges to save metal. As was said, they were olive drab and unpopular. Emerson does a good job of explaining them in his books.