Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog

ArtyScout

My daughter gifted me this classic 1/35 scale Tamiya kit of the M41 Walker Bulldog. It was quite an easy build. I used the vinyl tracks but I changed the M2 .50cal MG that came with the kit to an Akusa Model one and I added clear plastic periscopes to the driver's vision blocks. Then I weathered it a little bit with oil pin washes, highlighting and pastels. I'm in the process of painting the tank commander. No diorama for this tank, just a stand alone project. FYI, the first 2 pics are of a "clean" tank and the last two are after I weathered it. I will be posting some more pictures of the tank commander when I finish him.Enjoy and as always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. 

P.S. Once the tank commander is done, I'll be "flying" back to Vietnam.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20200827_233728.jpg

resized_20200827_233843.jpg

resized_20200829_124128.jpg

resized_20200829_124232.jpg

resized_20200829_211549.jpg

Nice job, it looks great! That same kit was one of the early models I worked on when I was a kid, with a decent amount of help from my dad. I know it's still on one of my old bookshelves, probably covered in a good amount of dust by now.

Those vinyl tracks made the tank pretty fun to roll around, so long as you were careful. 

Manny, very clean and proper build, well done! I really like the decent weathering of this kit! Have a M41 from AFV-Club as well sitting on the shelf. So many kits, so little time...

WB.jpg