Vietnam US dog tag

Ive had this dog tag for some time someone bought it for me the guy told him this dog tag is the real deal even tho he gave him a clear fake one as well so ive never considered it to be real. Posted it in a facebook group and apparantely some guy that has been to vietnam says its too hard to fake that oxidation and dirt to be stuck in the letters. My feeling says everything can be faked and a small item like a dog tag is a piece of cake if you know how to use your stuff. Id like to get your opinion since the guy made me curious to maybe start a research for the guy. Id like to hear whats good about it and whats not.

If you see the lower METHODIST theres no dirt in it anymore i removed that a while back because I was curious if it were original and it looks like the metal where the letters are stamped look way darker. Is that like the guy told because the tag was once polished and they didnt polish the ASN part or did they put some kind of acid on it ?

20200829_103106.jpg

20200829_103151.jpg

This is a real tag. I've seen many of these coming out of Vietnam that were found in the rice paddies etc. I purchased several and was able to return one to the original owner. He told me he lost it when he was medevaced, and was stoked to have it back. Anyways, they all looked just like this.

"War is young men dying and old men talking"

donation2017.gif

BTW, the fake ones are very easy to spot. The lettering isn't even, and the serial numbers often don't match up. You can rest assure that you have an original VN war era "dug" tag.

"War is young men dying and old men talking"

donation2017.gif