fake 101st

warcollect1942

warcollect1942

eBay item number:

The New Jersey faker is at it again. We go through this every year.

Nothing about this patch is real.

In the broadest sense of the term "experimental", they are patches made to test the loom using what ever thread was on hand so that could be interpreted as experimenting with the loom. He just lets the buyer jump to the conclusion that they are something they are not. He is allowing the buyer to believe what he want to believe while not technically saying it is any thing it isn't. Although given the quantity and variety of what he has, I have to wonder if he is not having them made like that intentionally. People seldom get fooled they, fool themselves which only goes to prove you need to do some research before you spend your money. Don't get me wrong I am not saying what he is doing is all right but some of the blame has to go to the gullible buyer as well. The best defense agents this sort of thing is well informed buyers. The real fun of collecting is knowing what you have not just buying everything that comes along.     

Why would they test the loom with a color thread they are not going to use? Sorry but the above is fantasy lawyer explainatiing away a bad deed.

Embroidery machines are a pain to change out thread especially when you have a ton of colors like the schifly machines. Why remove thread, use a thread colors that exist in no other patches from the time period, only to put the correct thread in? Going to say myth busted and agree with Mort. 

The only test patches that I would agree with are the blue patches that ASMIC recently pub'd an article on based upon this thread and the 2nd army and a few others. Most were simply thrown out at the factory due to quality control.

This seller dancoll is simply cashing in on creating fakes. Another USMF collector even wrote that he collected SF insignia and Dandcoll would constantly contact him telling that he found a new color variation. Simply dishonest.