Need Specifications for USMC 1219c2 Pattern Knife

thorin6

Does anyone have the original specifications for the USMC 1219c2 Pattern Knife and/or for the USN Mark 2 Knife?  Or can someone point me to where I can find it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I noticed that there is not very much action on this post, so I'll offer the only thing I have.  It is from Camillus, but it's not very detailed.

Marv

IMG_2784.JPG

Here are a couple of things I have dated to the War.  Good chance both of these have been posted here in the past.  But incase it can help;

Kbar01.jpg.13c76788a407fec2b8d96a08e8ff11ce.jpgKbar02.jpg.cb0e02ce3dfcbfd5d052d2f9102295b5.jpg

701654451_Camillus1944chromed1219C2.jpg.5f90e4278414c03818ce830f78e6f914.jpg

That's about it when it comes to WW2 era documents for the 1219C2.  I got a pretty long list of (want to haves for that general time period) for a lot of different knives.

A couple of interesting points, the second drawing notes is for a chrome plated blade (Camillus?).  Also, I have another drawing for the 1219C2c also dated 9 December 1942 that shows a tang with the screw pommel.  Were there different drawings for different manufacturers?

Mk2_1219C2 Blueprint0001.jpg

I found it curious that Marv's drawing at the bottom stated other makers to include Geneva Forge, Colonial, Imperial, and Ulster. Never heard of,   or seen any MK2s from them.  Interesting, the drawing was dated 10 Jan 1944.  SKIP

I wonder if the 9 December 1942 is the date of the original drawing?  It would be inline with the timeline of the earliest contracts.  When you compare my example and thorin6's looks like they may have been in the practice of reusing as much of the earlier drawings as was practical.  The legends of the two drawing look to be the same to me with the c 4-3-43, and b 1-19-43 dates.  

I've seen a lot of things in that Camillus document they published in the early 1960's about their WW2 production that can conflict at times with other documents.

In case anyone is wondering why I'm trying to find out information, see the photo below.  I picked this up from ebay a couple of weeks ago, and have been in communication with Bill Walters and Frank Trzaska.  I'm trying to understand where the specifications set the pommel and handle and the dates.  Bill writes about this knife on pages 384-385 in his book and has told me they are rare in any condition.

PAL Blank Blade USNa.jpg