US Coast & Geodetic Service officer’s garrison cap badge

David Minton

David Minton

It took me close to a decade, but finally acquired a US Coast & Geodetic Service officer’s garrison cap badge for my collection. From the wear and patina I would like to think it is real and not reproduction.

24d254486e6850469397492550d58f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Minton

From my understanding the Style of NS Meyer hallmark would suggest early to mid WWII? Not something I know much about, so interested in feedback.

As I mentioned this one took me years and years to find. While I know the service was very small I assume the collector base is also pretty small, but I could be mistaken. Are these widely sought?

e6ba623ab400ed0dc39437634f086595.jpg

Salvage Sailor
11 hours ago, David Minton said:

From my understanding the Style of NS Meyer hallmark would suggest early to mid WWII? Not something I know much about, so interested in feedback.

As I mentioned this one took me years and years to find. While I know the service was very small I assume the collector base is also pretty small, but I could be mistaken. Are these widely sought?

e6ba623ab400ed0dc39437634f086595.jpg

Aloha David,

I was after this seldom seen insignia for my USC&GS/NOAA Collection but you outbid me.

Thanks for posting the detailed photos, my search continues.......

USC&GS Emblem.jpg

David Minton

Aloha David,

I was after this seldom seen insignia for my USC&GS/NOAA Collection but you outbid me.

Thanks for posting the detailed photos, my search continues.......

1070624732_USCGSEmblem.jpg.90eb1d66bc9a0bd5a0541ab71d49f898.jpg

I guess sorry but not sorry? I was hoping the badge had flown under everybody’s radar since it was misidentified, but I saw the bids jump at the last minute.

FYI I posted in a different venue, and someone wrote they would have bid $300 if they had spotted it. I’m happy to have found this piece so I can stop looking.

Good luck on completing your collection. I’ll have to post my assembled collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Great score! As I said on FB, a super hard eagle to find!! Would be interested in it if you ever decide to part with it.

Attaching photos of my USC&GS items (No overseas cap eagle, LOL)

DSC02318.JPG

DSC02320.JPG

DSC02321.JPG