SCR-178

Fort Susquehanna

Fort Susquehanna

I recently picked this up for my collection.  It has three draws for me- designed to be mule packed, identified to Fort Holabird, and identified to Baltimore Schools.  It is rare to find one complete with all components.  I am looking for other components to make this more complete.  

DSC01892.JPG

DSC01894.JPG

DSC01895.JPG

DSC01896.JPG

Fort Susquehanna

I am told the IN-85 and GN-37 are very hard to find.  Is the insulator on the IN-85 Micarta?  I have found  a few sales of J-44 keys.  I was also told that that there were a number of accessory chests around a few years ago but they have dried up.  

Yes, the IN85 is Micarta and is very hard to find. And the GN-37 is a tough one, too. I was one of the lucky ones who secured an accessory chest years ago. 

Yours, as well as mine, are in Chest CH-38, which is for ground use. To be carried on a mule, Chest CH-28 is used. It is identical to the CH-38 except is has hooks on the back to allow it to be hung on the Phillips Pack Saddle.

All of the accessory chests that turned up a few years ago were Chest CH-29, and have the pack saddle hooks. The chest that we both need is Chest CH-39.

• 2 weeks later...
Fort Susquehanna

Robin,

Thanks for the information.  I have a friend who says I should fire up the receiver because it will probably work.  

• 6 months later...

Sir, can you provide some information on BOX BX-4? What is its purpose. Can you post a closeup picture of the plate?

Regards,

Ben

Thank you so much. Does the cable off of the Cannon Connector on the receiver terminate in BOX BX-4.

I'm a member of our local Marine Corps League. We have a museum containing all types of military memorabilia.  My neighbor donated a transmitter, receiver, modulator, Key set and headset. I'm in the process of making a replica SCR-178 to house them. Trying to be as accurate as possible and fabricating parts that we can't find.  

Regards