1964 Combat vehicle crewman helmet

Garandy

Nice helmet! While it could be cav, the shape makes me think of the 2nd Armored Division. I saw tankers with decals on their CVC helmets (I might even own one) in the 90s at Fort Hood. The triangle on yours appears to be all yellow without the other details though, so I don't know. 

The Triangle in Yellow could be a Unit Identifier, like a Company. See this in example, a 1957 photo of M48 Patton Tanks of the 3rd Armored Division (Photo from the USAEUR Site), see how they marked their tanks with a White Triangle. When one sees this, its possible the crews marked their individual tank helmets, with the same marking and that each company used a different color, Yellow for A Co, Light Green or whatever for HQ Co, White for C Co etc.

mju.jpg

Another example of what we're talking about.

We see a M 48 of I think one of the Tank Troops of the 11th Armd Cav Regt in 1969 D Troop, H Troop or M Troop with it's either it's Gunner or Loader with his CVC with two wide apart dull light colored paint Tan? Dark Yellow? stripes from front to back with a Ace of Spades in the center, probably Dark Green to match the one on the searchlight cover, a Troop insignia no doubt.

159857314254623560.jpg