Tips for figuring out faded writing in liner?

elh1311

Question for the group: anyone had luck making legible faded handwriting inside a liner? See picture attached. Not a show stopper if it can't be done but if it has, I'd love to know. Thanks. 

20200824_165513.jpg

Several things can help you get a photo. Now, on your photo . . . I can't even see where the faded writing would be? Anyway to see another picture? A good thing to do it wait until you have nice natural outdoor light . . . not overly sunny, but not about to rain. (I know . . . a lot of us in this country don't get many of those times! -grin- ) Take it outside and hold the helmet so that the light can really hit the writing area, without making it glare. Then take photos. 

Taking the photo into PhotoShop of something often works some, too. My Sister does this for things like this, and even photos of worn-down tombstones! (We like doing Find A Grave!)

huntssurplus

Shine a UV light on it. I can see where it would be on the edge of the inside of the liner. Don't think you will have much luck with any of the suggestions as it looks like it is white paint that has been chipped off. 

Hunt

I appreciate it. I'm not entirely hopeful that I'll get much but it never hurts to see what people think. Thanks again!

I've heard night vision cameras work really well for this, as Rooster has said. Might catch some paint particles you aren't seeing with the naked eye. The only real catch is that you probably need an actual night vision camera, as unfortunately android apps don't seem to help. Other than this, UV and trying out effects in Photoshop would have been my suggestion as well. Good luck!