The Civil War battlefield of Chickamauga was used as a training camp during the Span Am period. Here are a few items I have collected in relation to the battlefield's use as a training camp.

Camp Thomas Chickamauga Collection 8-24-20.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've been able to add several additional souvenir badges for Camp Thomas collection. One has some initials and Co B 2nd Neb Inf scratched into the back of it. Enjoy!

Camp Thomas Chickamauga Collection as of 02-15-22.jpg

Ken1967, I enjoy seeing your Camp Thomas collection. I've started to look for Camp Thomas items also, as many of the Indiana Regiments were stationed there.  Haven't picked up anything yet though.  

• 3 weeks later...

I found one of those on a civil war battlefield.  It is exactly like the bottom row, third from the left.  That's a great collection you have of those badges.

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2023 at 4:17 PM, ken1967 said:

My latest addition to the Camp Thomas collection is an interesting souvenir for the camp. 

763-US Camp Thomas Chickamauga GA - Souvenir embroidered hanky with box Pic1.jpg

763-US Camp Thomas Chickamauga GA - Souvenir embroidered hanky with box Pic2.jpg

763-US Camp Thomas Chickamauga GA - Souvenir embroidered hanky with box Pic3.jpg

763-US Camp Thomas Chickamauga GA - Souvenir embroidered hanky with box Pic4.JPG

Very nice! Was this on that well known online auction site?  I was watching one on there that I am kicking myself for not bidding on.

15 hours ago, BEAST said:

Very nice! Was this on that well known online auction site?  I was watching one on there that I am kicking myself for not bidding on.

It was on the well known auction site. I was happy the bidding wasn't crazy. A real novel item for my Camp Thomas collection.