Vietnam Era Chaplain Helmet?

Nickman983

Just picked this one up at the flea market. The paint looks good on the cross and I think it's VN era but I was wanting to get a second set of eyes on this one.

IMG_20200823_122854.jpg

IMG_20200823_122900.jpg

IMG_20200823_122906.jpg

IMG_20200823_122911.jpg

IMG_20200823_122920.jpg

IMG_20200823_122928.jpg

Thanks Mike. The lot number was what was throwing me off a bit but I'm not super well versed in post WWII manufactured helmets. I got the helmet and a .30 cal ammo can for $25 so I figured worst case I payed a bit too much for an ammo can.

Thanks Marty. I actually forgot my loupe at home today and almost walked from this one but decided to ask on the price before I did. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and had a chance to look at it a bit closer.

huntssurplus

Nice find, I always find it interesting how the wearers of these helmets, or whoever is painting them, can never seem to get what they're painting centered.

Hunt

Yea, I always find that a bit odd. I know if it were my helmet having something painted off center on the front or rear would bug me!

I did a little more digging and I believe this is a RJ Stampings helmet. It's definitely a low dome helmet and still has some residue from the foam packaging material used on the bails. So I would guess it's likely National Guard from the 70s-80s.