APH-6 MS22001 VAQ-129 helmet

Mark87

Electronic Attack Squadron 129 (VAQ-129) is the United States Navy's only EA-18G Growlertraining squadron. Known as the "Vikings", they are a Fleet Replacement Squadron, or FRS, and are charged with training all EA-18G aviators and developing standard operating procedures for the maintenance and operation of the aircraft. The squadron is permanently stationed at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, in Puget Sound, Washington

Aircraft flown

AttackEA-6B Prowler
EA-18G Growler
EKA-3B Skywarrior

213D2CE2-77BE-4C1D-A00E-AFE8A5B28645.png

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice find, Mark, I recognized it : it comes from a french website I use to buy with too.

I must confess that I've really hesitated purchasing it back in the day ;).

To hink441 : if I remember well the informations from the shop, this helmet is an APH-6C (or modded A/B with the one-piece C-version Sierra Ramshorn dual visor) used on the early Prowler years. Also, Skywarriors were on the verge of being retired from this squadron (last VN tour 1970-1971) when this type of visor was issued (70). Mark here will eventually confirm :).

Thanks ! yes it's from France www.aeronantiques.com they've got really good stuff. the information on the site with the helmet says that it is a helmet from the late 70's early 80's and that they flew with EA6-B prowlers. thanks everybody for your interest and reactions

Mark