Helmets: instant collection

Fratlanta

got all these helmets as part of a lot and was trying to identify and date them. Some of them are clearly not US but I'd appreciate if you guys could help

Thanksthumbnail_IMG_2747.jpg.aaa9edabdc327480430dfbb25a50f292.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Top to Bottom Left to Right

Polish Wz. 67, Polish Wz. 50, East German M56, looks similar to a commonwealth dispatch rider helmet but I''m not sure, don't know with US mitchell cover, Hungarian M70,

Vietnamese "pith"/sun helmet, Swiss M18 , UK MKIII, MKIV or MKV,  don't know somewhat close to Chinese GK 80

don't know , Yugoslavian M59, Swiss M18/40, maybe a Soviet SSh 68 but i'm not not sure, 

maybe a German Luftshutz helmet, Italian M33

2 minutes ago, Cap Camouflage Pattern I said:

Polish Wz. 67, Polish Wz. 50, East German M56, looks similar to a commonwealth dispatch rider helmet but I''m not sure, don't know with US mitchell cover, don't know,

don't know , Vietnamese "pith"/sun helmet, don't know , don't know,  maybe a  Soviet SSh 68 but i'm not not sure

Yugoslavian M59, Swiss M18, don't know, 

maybe a German Luftshutz helmet, Italian M33

Great job 

The Vietnamese “pith” helmet looks like one I bought long ago that was identified as just a tourist item. Fortunately, it was crushed in shipping and UPS paid for it and got the damaged shell to sell for salvage. The authentic ones had a more substantial suspension but I don’t recall the details. 

Agree the rest are primarily eastern block helmets. 

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
9 minutes ago, dmar836 said:

The Vietnamese “pith” helmet looks like one I bought long ago that was identified as just a tourist item. Fortunately, it was crushed in shipping and UPS paid for it and got the damaged shell to sell for salvage. The authentic ones had a more substantial suspension but I don’t recall the details. 

Agree the rest are primarily eastern block helmets. 

I agree it is post-Vietnam War, however it is not necessarily a tourist item, the sun helmet is still used by the QDND to this day.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

The time to edit my previous comment has run out so here are my updates / corrections

Polish Wz. 67, Polish Wz. 50, East German M56, looks similar to a commonwealth dispatch rider helmet but I''m not sure, maybe Austrian M75 with US mitchell cover, Hungarian M70,

Vietnamese "pith"/sun helmet, Swiss M18 , UK MKIV, don't know but somewhat close to Chinese GK 80

probably some euroclone m1 , Yugoslavian M59, Swiss M18/40, maybe a Soviet SSh 68 but i'm not not sure, 

something along the liners of a Nazi Luftshutz, Italian M33

The last 2 helmets are Bulgarian Model 38 black and model 51/72 with the purple ink 58 size stamp

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not aware of all the Vietnamese pith variants. You do see a lot of them even in recent footage. I guess I was advised that the one I had bought was likely sold to a tourist as a VC helmet. I really thought I had a shot at a real one in the 90s. Pretty rare birds, I guess.

Good stuff. Thanks.

Dave