Gaunt wings for review.

Kilroy56

Dominique,  my first impressions lean towards all three of your wings being authentic WWII era badges. I don't see any obvious red-flags of concern outside of the possible blotchiness on the reverse. I feel the nice detail on the front of each wing, as well as the slight wear and natural toning, are all consistent with period silver plating.  Unfortunately, I've not knowingly handled any of the Gaunt reproductions MtnMan made reference to in his related and very detailed thread.  I look forward to hearing the varied opinions of our members...

I don't have any problems with the 3 imaged above. All appear to be correctly silver plated with correct hardware and maker mark. Imo don't clean them as the reverse patina is quite characteristic of an aged original these days.

Regards

Mike

I like these too and think they have original finish which is rare. Several years ago there was a seller in Britain who was selling a few NOS british made wings and these have the same type of finish that those did. They actually might even be the same wings.