1Lt David C. Braucher, 93rd BS, 19th BG, 20th AF

kristoffer

Lt Braucher was born on 13 January 1921 in Chicago, Illinois. He enlisted on September 9th 1940 in Chicago. Before that he had attended the University of Illinois. He served as a Navigator/Bombardier on B-25 Mitchells with the 446th BS, 321st BG, 12th AF. On April 6th 1943 he completed his first mission and his last on September 5th 1943. With that unit he completed 53 missions! After that tour he enlisted once again and served in the Pacific with the 93rd BS,19th BG, 20th AF. He served aboard a B-29 as the lead navigator and took part in 13 missions. On April 16th 1945 he along with the rest of the crew on the B-29 died over Japan on a mission to bomb Kawasaki, they crashed at Yokohama city. 202 airplanes took part in that mission and 12 were lost. He was only 24 years old. In his service to his country he earned several Air medals, I have his award cards and hope to one day send for a few of them to find out more about him and the missions he took part in. With taking part in about 66 combat missions he must have been through a lot..

In the photo he is the one standing up on the far right. 

The other photo I found online.

I am honored to be the caretaker of this group and would not have had this much information about him it would not have been for a very helpful member on this forum. 

Rest in peace Lt Braucher.

20200819_162947.jpg

20200819_162933.jpg

748.jpg

God Bless him and the other who gave all for the protection of our Great Nation and the liberation of others1 RIP LT

Old Crow 1986

Two theaters of operations, 66 combat missions...24 years old.  Bless'em all. 

Thanks for being his caretaker.