45th infantry division bullion patch Korea?

Toko-Ri

45th infantry division  bullion  patch Korean war?

Not sure when this dates from and unusual as this is on the sleeve of a USN 1950 G-1 jacket with VF-112 and CAG-11 patches, this appears to be the same age as the other patches.

P1020675.JPG.38c563a69e6e02dc88685a35047d627e.JPG

The 45th Inf Div patch is Japanese made. During the Korean War VF-112 was in what was called then CVG-11 on  USS Philippine Sea (For a very short time on USS Valley Forge). Just what an Army Infantry Division Shoulder Patch was doing on a Navy Flight Jacket? See if this was a Air Force Flight Jacket, a first best guess was man was a Ground Observer attached to the division for Close Combat Air Support, sometimes these Liaison pilots wore the patch of the division they were attached too, but Navy??? Think it was only the Marines who had Ground coordination with Carriers to a great degree and had Navy Pilots attached to them on the ground.

My only guess is at this point it was a cool patch he acquired, maybe traded and wore? We'll see what other interested member think.

Does it have one of those leather name plates on the front?

54 minutes ago, patches said:

The 45th Inf Div patch is Japanese made. During the Korean War VF-112 was in what was called then CVG-11 on  USS Philippine Sea (For a very short time on USS Valley Forge). Just what an Army Infantry Division Shoulder Patch was doing on a Navy Flight Jacket? See if this was a Air Force Flight Jacket, a first best guess was man was a Ground Observer attached to the division for Close Combat Air Support, sometimes these Liaison pilots wore the patch of the division they were attached too, but Navy??? Think it was only the Marines who had Ground coordination with Carriers to a great degree and had Navy Pilots attached to them on the ground.

My only guess is at this point it was a cool patch he acquired, maybe traded and wore? We'll see what other interested member think.

Does it have one of those leather name plates on the front?

Thanks for patch origin info.

The nameplate was removed when a blue bolts patch was put on at later time.

Maybe a family member was in the 45th or it was given for thanks for a ground attack mission involving the 45th or possibly a panther went down and the pilot was rescued by members of the 45th just a shame we will never know. 

I could only find references to marine liaison pilots, none for the navy which was my first thought as well.