Medic helmet

kammo-man

I was out and about doing Hollywood costume stuff and this box’s title made me curious.

Paint is old

Cross is worn with the unit showing through.

Helmet was filthy through age.

Rear seam

I was probably the first person to open that box in decades as it’s only a civilian costume house and has a couple of racks of woodland used in soap operas.

4fc334990ffe74d920f28af7386f0d78.jpg

Enjoy

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98650d21c7b624a337db71b68fbdf6bd.jpg
And a better shot
Helmet actually looks better in pictures as the white was rather dull
Liner was mismatched but box had plenty of WW2 type one.
I was to busy for linger as I had a deadline but stuff is still living in random boxes in la la land.

Owen

THAT is a very interesting find Owen. Hollywood used to use a lot of surplus for movies and TV shows. The show: Combat, has guys wearing D-Loops.

You gotta find a way to rescue and liberate that medic helmet, maybe they will let you have it or buy it if you replace it with another helmet?...mike

THAT is a very interesting find Owen. Hollywood used to use a lot of surplus for movies and TV shows. The show: Combat, has guys wearing D-Loops.

Might have started as that then moved to MASH ?

Burning Hazard

Neat find!

To Hell and Back used Swivel Bails with darker OD chinstraps and very large painted 3rd ID insignia; could very well have been used in that movie.

Pat

MV5BZjExOTMxNmItOTI0YS00NGZjLWFlMTQtZGM0MDVjMDdiMzk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1MjUzMDA@._V1_.jpg

Very cool find Owen! It’s amazing the things you find in strange places! I used to direct and produce local theatre in my town and once found a Lt marked FB M-1 in the costume loft of our theatre. I brought in a VN era M-1 and asked the costume and wardrobe master if I could swap the helmets and they were very agreeable. To them an army helmet was an army helmet. 😉😄 

1 hour ago, 1canpara said:

Very cool find Owen! It’s amazing the things you find in strange places! I used to direct and produce local theatre in my town and once found a Lt marked FB M-1 in the costume loft of our theatre. I brought in a VN era M-1 and asked the costume and wardrobe master if I could swap the helmets and they were very agreeable. To them an army helmet was an army helmet. 😉😄 

nicely done 😃

vintageproductions

Owen, do you remember when we filmed the sizzle reel for Combat Cash and we were sorting all the costuming from the Pacific?

When we went back in the main warehouse and went upstairs to the headgear section and there were tons of helmets with a lot of painted ones just stacked on top of each other. Wonder if any of those are still there........I know we pulled out a few we thought looked real.

Must have been at least 100 helmets
I had pics on my old computer that died on me without being backed up !