interesting WW2 USMC Alpha 4 Pocket Coat

huntssurplus

huntssurplus

Here is an interesting combination of ribbons. Ended cheap, but I passed because of the ribbon combo. Post WW2 smaller 3/8th inch ribbons as well as no unit patch. However the ribbons are american defense and china service. No american campaign or WW2 victory. It seems like it might just be some ribbons added onto a jacket, but would like to hear what the forum thinks. I think the only chance of "originality" it has is if it was two of the vets ribbons found and stuck on. Can't think of any possibility where only these two ribbons would have been worn. I guess the marine could have served an enlistment from like 1936/1937-1940/1941, got out and then re upped in 1947 and was sent to China? let's hear some opinions.

Hunt

• 2 weeks later...

May be a wartime or right after the war temp. billet.  I had a 1st MAW blouse with M/Sgt (bars, not rockers) on it.  No hash marks.

Note that the chevrons show prior machine sewing around the edge. They were removed from a uniform previously and now hand stitched around the rest. I strongly doubt these are original to the coat, not to mention the ribbon bar.  Worth the sum of the parts only.

CB