Collar rank tab size/application regulations?

Lo var Lachland

Lo var Lachland

Hey all. 

I purchased two Sergeant rank badges for my Woodland jacket collar recently but I believe they are too large. Is there any specific size that collar tabs are supposed to be?
Additionally, what are the measurements for applying rank badges to the collar? 

edx7cDQ.jpg

DocCollector1441

You fold the insignia into the smallest square that has a small equal border around the insignia and then sew it on.

Lo var Lachland
7 minutes ago, DocCollector1441 said:

You fold the insignia into the smallest square that has a small equal border around the insignia and then sew it on.

I thought that might be the case, just wanted to clarify. Thank you. Any idea about distance from edge of collar?

53 minutes ago, easterneagle87 said:

Yes, they are folded, NOT cut to size.

Right! Fold them over just past where the black embroidery of the insignia is, but making a nice, rectangular patch. You can trim down some of the border material, but make sure you leave material past the folds on the under-side of the patch.

Allan

As a general guide to  what members stated , see this, this a Pre BDU OD Shirt dated 1981, the method of sewing these cloth EM collar ranks (Officer ranks too, who used mostly cloth rank and branch of service collar insignia gong back when these officer insignia were in full color, but they where positioned different then the EM cloth ranks)  for this will be constant since the EM types first appeared in South Vietnam in and around 1968 and soon Army wide when Subdued insignia was mandated, always pointed like this on the collar, the cloth folded to prevent the edge from fraying, which is what would happen if they were not folded under, like you see on the edges of the size tag there. That is if they chose cloth, most used the metal subdued pins.

il_79.jpg

il_794x.jpg