Swiss Reenactment

D.A.T.

I hope you people don't mind, but since I do go to Switzerland (1 1/2 hour drive on the autobahn to the border) alot for their Events, (plus to stow my money) I'd like to put some of my pictures I've taken over the past couple years in here. I think they do a DAMN GOOD job, plus they got some nice toys. So please encourge me, or tell me to drop it, not a good idea, I don't want to bore you people.

This guy also owns a 1944 Ford GPW, I went to his place before an Event, he said c'mon, let's go for a ride in my new car, pulls out in a 1947 Cadillac!! So three of us went for a drive through Basel in our ww2 US woolies, those two in front, me in the back like the Pope, people were stopping and staring, pointing, open mouthed, we were having a hard time not laughing our rear ends off, I loved it!

im001506mt9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just thought I'd throw a couple more pictures in, no comments, just snapshots I took, anybody got anything against German reenactors?

im001251vr8.jpg

im001275ic9.jpg

im001277hz8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
wow chics with guns, soooooo hot!!!!!!!!!

nice pix too,

p

Yes but I was hoping for Swiss Reenactors and intered American aircrews.

T-Bone

Croix de Guerre

When I saw the title "Swiss Reenactment" I thought to myself,,hmmm,that ought to be interesting,,,,a bunch of guys standing around watching other reenactors reenacting a battle. :lol:

Glad you liked the pictures, I haven't added anymore because there was no big response, thought nobody was interested.

Here's a Swiss website with some interned Aircrews somewhere in it, but it's only in German, after you've gone into the website, on the bottom you can click on to the English Translator.

http://www.warbird.ch/contento/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Darktrooper

Finally someone reenacting a Wehrmacht tanker!!!!!!!

Nice photos. Makes me almost wish to get into WWII reenacting (only if the economy didnt suck and i could afford to take the time off work.)

Getting a little "off topic" here, Forum member Rotxxyyzz invited me to go along with him and his brother to an Event in France back in May 2008, it is next door to Switzerland, and both countries speak French, anyway Rotxxyyzz is a member of the http://www.clvma95idus.info/ 95th I.D. Reenactors group, or more of a vehicle club, they had big party for the new opening of thier garage, and we went for about a two hour Convoy, close to 30 vehicles, jeeps, command cars, Medic vans, trucks, I got to ride with a female member in her jeep, we went through the French countryside where the 95th I.D. fought and died, stopped at a monument and paid our respects. I asked my driver if we could make a quick stop somewhere and buy a bottle of wine, no need, she had one in her jerry can, nothing better then being driven through history, on a beautiful sunny day, enjoying French wine in my canteen cup, it was, to say the least, FANTASTIC, one of the neatest things I've ever done! thumbsup.gif

france1.jpg

france3.jpg

france4.jpg

france5.jpg

france7.jpg

france8h.jpg

francel.jpg

france00.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Found a couple more German tanker pictures.

im000335y.jpg

im000336.jpg

Me recieving a "head shot", please remember, these are "deko weapons" and/or toys!

im000337.jpg

Me returning a "head shot".

im000340.jpg

im000339.jpg

im000341n.jpg

im000355.jpg

im000356.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's raining again here in good ol' Germany, so I thought I'd throw in some more pics. These Swiss guys that let me hang with them now & then, asked me if I would like to do a USMC Tarawa display with them last summer at an Event down there, I should sure, but not as a Marine, too old, too "chubby", but as a Combat Photogragher, no problem, besides, one of my best buddies joined the Marine Corps same time I joined the Army, he'd tell me a thing or two if he saw me runnin' around in Marine camo's! :rolleyes:

These guys got all thier Tarawa info from books, movies, pictures. One of the Event organizers, had a truck load of sand, (Swiss sand, not imported from Tarawa, too exspensive) dumped off in front of our dislay area, spent the evening filling sandbags, raking it around the tent, and building our little "sand castle", give it that "beach look", I thought I was in the friggin' army again! w00t.gif

im002389.jpg

im002385.jpg

im002386.jpg

im002387.jpg

im002394.jpg

im002395.jpg

im002396.jpg

• 2 years later...

Almost forgot about this Thread.

Sometime back a Swiss group, the 6th Battalion Durham Light Infantry, asked me if I'd like to join them in doing a display at the 5th "Convoy to Remember", at Birmenstorf, Switzerland, they did a British Grave Registration Unit, and being the old fart that I am, I went as a US War Photographer, you can fit those guys in anywhere, even old and overweight ( ;)) my apologies to all the "real" War Photographer/Correspondents out there. We recieved very good and bad feedbacks about our display. The management even had a Dakota C-47 flown in from England for the jumps, US paratroopers (foreign) in full combat jump gear and weapons, it was very impressive.

Here's a short film made of the three events put together as one story; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZz5XEthSw

They let me drive the halftrack, notice my arm hanging out the driver's window like a New York Taxi driver, I didn't mean to. :unsure:

Making of photos; Grave Registration, http://www.durham-light-infantry.ch/5th%20...lbum/index.html

Making of photos; Winter Event, http://www.durham-light-infantry.ch/Winter...lbum/index.html

First off, great photos! This event looks great and a lot of fun, I am sure. Those of us in the US envy our European friends for backgrounds that look far more realistic than what we normally have locally.

But a few of the photos are a little disturbing to me, showing very unsafe weapons handling. I understand that most (if not all) of the weapons shown were inoperable, but the photos can easily be taken out of context by others to show how unsafe people in the hobby can be and reflect negatively on all of us.

im000337.jpg

im000340.jpg

And this one is by far the most dangerous, as serious injury could easily result:

im000354.jpg

"But a few of the photos are a little disturbing to me, showing very unsafe weapons handling. I understand that most (if not all) of the weapons shown were inoperable, but the photos can easily be taken out of context by others to show how unsafe people in the hobby can be and reflect negatively on all of us."

How very true, I wasn't thinking, (like most of the time) when I posted the photos. :thumbdown:

All I can say to my defense is that was my VERY first Event, and have learned alot since then. ;)

But it is done quite abit at these events. Like in the army, you are not supposed to point guns at each other............. :rolleyes: