• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1935 tagged US Army coat. What model?

Saw this coat in a local antique store. Quartermaster tag is dated 1935.

What model would this be? And it's really nice. looks a lot warmer than a regular field jacket. Would this.. OR I just I should ask, Could this have been worn into WW2?  

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

I think this is a first pattern Mackinaw, made them in Wool at first before going with the more familiar Fabric with Wool collar type. It looks similar in cut to the Officers type, but those were made not made in Course Wool as seen here, but with fine Moleskin cloth and had fancier buttons.

Here's one image I found of the Wool one like yours.

7d7.jpg

Found another one of this type on the Forum, no definite ID is given for it, just the questioned asked and the reply of it either a Mackinaw or a M-1926 Officers Short Overcoat, which its neither, it is however we found just like the WWI Mac, the 1935 date? Maybe just a Spec Update???

image.png.3143af3e9e8902af8675cf664ee08c19.png

The WWI one, it differs outwardly only by having Cuff straps,, larher patch pockets on the skirt, slightly different buttons, and slightly different belt.

Screenshot_2020-08-17 WW1 US Army MACKINAW COAT - Nice size 40 Shawl Collar Wool Overcoat WWI #1895933103.png

Screenshot_2020-08-17 WW1 US Army MACKINAW COAT - Nice size 40 Shawl Collar Wool Overcoat WWI #1895933103(1).png

Here's more WWI Macs, should of remembered that member world war I nerd would of made a lenghty dedicated topic on the type, but I forgot laugh.png.719231d21def80799b0aba5a4c397f7b.png

• 2 months later...

Here's an old OD Wool one actually in use, on his it has the cuff tabs. Belgium, a 99th Div GI, right before the Battle of the Bulge November-December 1944.

image.png.af69723eff6aaed7c3f153b17f9bb148.png