Early 1913 dated 1911 acp

spagg

According to some Colt charts this 1911 dates 1913 for the Government model also called the civilian model. Looks to be all original including the barrel which is stamped with the letter P. The dark colored spots are a change in the patina with a smooth finish thought out , iMO not corrosion. Also comes with it's original magazine stamped with a letter B is my best guess hard to see. The ammo pouch has two extra WWI mags which came with the pistol. Barrel inside is clean an not pitted. Good condition for a 107 year old 1911.

+ .

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

According to my research your 1911 was made in 1916. I have one similar i also thought was a 1913 but is actually 1915. 

I also looked at the Colt site to get a personal pistol research done on mine but the cost is $100. So if you want to authenticate yours check out the Colt Archive website. Dwayne

I also think you have an Argentine contract Colt. Look in front of the rear sight to see if you have the Argentinean crest. I have one as I stated. It is not marked Government Property it also has the Spanish spelling of caliber.

1 hour ago, daskrieg said:

I also think you have an Argentine contract Colt. Look in front of the rear sight to see if you have the Argentinean crest. I have one as I stated. It is not marked Government Property it also has the Spanish spelling of caliber.

No crest on the front site,  but your right it has the Spanish spelling of Caliber? That's funny I never noticed that before? Mine is stamped Government Model not property.. My serial number according to what I had researched states it's was made in 1913? But I guess it's no big deal 1913 or 1916. I'm not selling anyways. Thanks for the info.

Sal

1 hour ago, daskrieg said:

All the early Colts had the spelling for caliber like that.  That is the English/British spelling.

As others have said, obtain a letter from Colt about its origins, sometimes people get a surprise with the details.

IMO it’s not a foreign contract pistol, but may be a private purchase to a US officer...Some carried their own sidearms and not issue pieces. The spelling “CALIBRE 45” is normal for the domestic civilian Government Model Colt .45s.

16 minutes ago, everforward said:

As others have said, obtain a letter from Colt about its origins, sometimes people get a surprise with the details.

IMO it’s not a foreign contract pistol, but may be a private purchase to a US officer...Some carried their own sidearms and not issue pieces. The spelling “CALIBRE 45” is normal for the domestic civilian Government Model Colt .45s.

My serial number has the C in front which indicates civilian model. No lend lease markings or foreign markings anywhere on this weapon. Just the calibre spelling.

Thanks for the info.

31 minutes ago, daskrieg said:

Look in front of the rear sight. Thats where my crest is at. 

No crest anywhere on this 1911.

35 minutes ago, everforward said:

That makes sense do to the fact it came with a WWI Holster and web belt that's what I was told. In the photo you can see the Holster and web belt.. No way for me to know for sure?

IMG_0725.jpg

I would say your pistol came in that holster..its of the same period being an early swivel model. Also the pitting(dark spots) are typical of somehting that has set in a holster for many years. I have seen it repeatedly as the leather was acid tanned.When the leather contacts the steel the two react. Moisture and the passing of time will do the rest.