Small WW1 group, need help deciphering!

Gerradtgrant

Gerradtgrant

Wasn't sure what section to post this, I am needing help deciphering what the highlighted part of my pictures says. I assume PVT- private,

BTRY-battery, ATTY-Artillary!

I recently purchased a small WWI group, was able to obtain the name from the seller (who is his great grandson), this is the most I have been able to find on him. Came with a painted 3rd Division helmet if that helps at all. Trying to find out more about this soldier. Was hoping if I could get this broke down, it would help me in my research. 006fa0eb49a9b3a65cf05ff66434bf94.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Marchville1918

He was a Private in Battery F of the 29th Coast Artillery. He served from Oct 19, 1918 to Dec 26, 1918. Nothing about any unit in the 3rd Division.

Gerradtgrant

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, do you think I would be better off posting it in a different subforum to get more veiws? The CAC got the best of me. But, it makes sense now. Thanks for the help.

Gerradtgrant
He was a Private in Battery F of the 29th Coast Artillery. He served from Oct 19, 1918 to Dec 26, 1918. Nothing about any unit in the 3rd Division.
I will have to do more research, maybe this isn't my guy. Same small town so I figured it was him. Was it common to only serve two months? Unless injury or something along those lines comes into play.

29th Arty, CAC Regt constituted in 1918 and organized at Ft. Williams ME in the CD of Portland in November 1918, but was demobilized at Ft. Williams in December 1918. From: Historical Sketches Coast Artillery Regiments 1917-1950 William C. Gaines  

Are you selling?

I couldn't find a Joseph Bates in Brockton, MA,  In fact, no Bates from Brockton, but some live nearby, but no Joseph or Joe..  Sorry

Gerradtgrant
I couldn't find a Joseph Bates in Brockton, MA,  In fact, no Bates from Brockton, but some live nearby, but no Joseph or Joe..  Sorry
If you refer to the veterans association card I posted a picture of, it indicates a Joseph Bates from Brockton MA. I wonder if he spent life after the war in Brockton and not actually born their? All the family said was Joseph Bates from Brockton, MA. I am in contact trying to get more information from them.

mars&thunder

Can you tell me where the image/record you posted in the original post comes from? Is that an online accessible set of records?

Thanks - 

Gerradtgrant
Can you tell me where the image/record you posted in the original post comes from? Is that an online accessible set of records?

Thanks - 
Yes, it is. I pulled it from Familysearch.com, it is the LDS genealogy website. I dont have any paid subscriptions, so I have to use the free options. I need to get back on their and do some more research on this. Can I ask why you inquire?

mars&thunder

Sure - I am always looking to increase my knowledge of research sites so I can do a better job with my own research. It was a type of record I haven't seen before so just wanted to add the source to my list of places to search at.