New M9 Bayonet

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just picked up a long overdue M9 bayonet for my collection. It's still in the wrapper, and looks like a loaf of bread. No printed information  left on the wrapper. Will open it shortly, after months of dealing with self quarantine, and avoidance of people,  need to treat myself. SKIP

20200815_132543.jpg

Well  it turned out to be made by Ontario, did notice the scabbard was made by Bianchi. Took some pictures, and now can't figure out how to down load into my files. Got the wrapped one down loaded, but now not sure how, or why the others won't. Hate this technology!!  SKIP

Don't worry SKIPH, we all eat the elephant one bite at a time.  Gives me more time to get used to you finally posting pictures too. 😁

Probably should get those other pics posted. Someone could definitely think that is something else. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Once again stumbled through down load process. Here are the Ontario pics. I'll never get this. but it is a start. Impressed with how well the phone's camera shows detail. SKIP

20200815_135352.jpg

20200815_135415.jpg

Skip,

Welcome to the M9 club.  I have 3 or 4 of the Phrobis M9s, one a three line.  I'm not sure how many because one of them is my car knife that sits in the trunk and gets used on occasion.  I'm going to have to find the others to make sure what I have.  I see that the Lan-Cays are becoming very collectable but I don't know much about the Ontario bayonets.

Regardless, I'm shocked that you are now able to post pictures!

Bill

That's one of the early ones.  The M-9 mark was apparently "not the official designation".  It's the first contract which was completed June 2000.  One thing that's interesting.  It's not the funky lime green of the first contract M-9s.(unless the camera is playing tricks with the lighting)

Marv

resized_DSC04263.JPG

Cell phone to computer, is still all "magic" to me.  My M-9 is a green color, which when I took the pics, I had placed on a green towel. Somehow the green showed up as tan. Not sure about  how collectible the Ontarios are yet. I never bought one before, because I really don't care for them. Got issued one in 7th SFGA, when they took away the M7s we never used. Stuck with my issue MK2, and left the M9 in my foot locker when we deployed to Panama, in early 89', where it actually started to oxidize. Too heavy, too awkward for me. SKIP

2 hours ago, SKIPH said:

Cell phone to computer, is still all "magic" to me.  My M-9 is a green color, which when I took the pics, I had placed on a green towel. Somehow the green showed up as tan. Not sure about  how collectible the Ontarios are yet. I never bought one before, because I really don't care for them. Got issued one in 7th SFGA, when they took away the M7s we never used. Stuck with my issue MK2, and left the M9 in my foot locker when we deployed to Panama, in early 89', where it actually started to oxidize. Too heavy, too awkward for me. SKIP

Skip,

You state some of the reasons I have one in my car; it's heavy and is useful when that is what you need, and I've used the saw blade several time, it actually works good.  I don't think I would want to carry one because it's bulky.  In my work car I carry a Vietnam era Mark 2 (Camillus).

Congratulations SKIPH,  I'd love to have a fist contract Ontario along with a later example with the updated handle in my pile of M9's.