War Room Display

Here’s something I’ve been working on for a little while since moving in the new house. Still trying to find room to get some more stuff unpacked. Here’s a collection I’ve been working on since I was about 10 so I’ve been working on it for 17 years. Everything from WWI to Korea and a couple Vietnam items plus a collection of war trophies from the Pacific and a couple from Europe. If anyone would like to see any closer pictures of anything please let me know a lot of things I do have stories on. I just thought I would share some progress on it.46BBDF4B-FFBE-4CC7-9E67-0150A8886A93.jpeg.2d408b2e1a5a2dcb99fba0cb0d37333b.jpegA88E8B4B-A8D5-4E28-B27E-1C2988153D0D.jpeg.c2bbd8e02e3da07bbeaeb8e34f15242d.jpeg5317BDB9-960D-4C53-B55E-9A2C99B82F8E.jpeg.c87a9162bec0f9ad2d6c14d7c4c49e10.jpegEC86857C-FC09-490E-950F-2CBB4F2DE697.jpeg.a9aad62d3a5f69f5418eea80399abc27.jpeg

You have great taste. Thanks for sharing your treasures!

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Wow, very impressive displays and I love the variety of items you have!  I'm curious..what's holding up the uniforms that are displayed vertically one above the other that's on the wall?

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

So on the uniforms hanging vertically I use the metal “J” hooks for hanging pictures in drywall. And use wood hangers for the uniform to hang on the previous hangers cross bar. It holds the weight pretty good you just can’t go more than 5 or so without it breaking hangers. 

Cool, thanks for the response mkite93.  I appreciate it.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Nice display. I like that Japanese corner. Would you mind pm me with some close up pics of the gun rack?  I wouldn’t mind building something like that for my collection. 

-Gene

“The English fight for Honor, the French for Glory, but the Americans fight for Souvenirs!"

Roy S. Durstine, 1918

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback!! It’s something I’m continuing to work on as I get more unpacked and I’m looking for more named WWI uniforms to add to the collection.

Fantastic collection with a nice diversity of items.  Superbly displayed.  I really like the way that you have arranged your uniforms vertically.  I may have to incorporate that style as well with my collection.  Looking forward to seeing how this collection is further displayed.

Nice.

Thanks everyone!!  On the model 8 I actually have two sadly no real history on them other than I like them because they are a military gun that never was. Probably the only sporting rifle that I have a interest in.  As for the 1st inf uniform the trunk to the left of it was all his stuff has a lot of papers Some equipment and photos taken through France with some very graphic almost gory pictures I have never seen before. Even a snuff container with the big red one on it that I have never seen. The other wwi uniforms are ID,d as well Except the air corps one.  the Major 90th div was a distinguished service cross winner. 

Beautiful display, very professional.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Awesome. I never get tired of seeing rooms dedicated to displays. 

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Member:

ASMIC

OVMS

Primary interests:

The United States Army in WWII

The United States Army in Vietnam

My YouTube patch channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxXvNiUvwbB-e4i0gl-RrFA

WANTED:

WWII:

551st PIB pocket and shoulder patches

504th PIR real deal pocket patch 

Here is a better picture of the grouping to wwi 1st infantry division 28th infantry regiment Herman Luchies from white cloud Michigan. His war trunk with all his keepsakes from the Great War. Most of which is displayed on top of the trunk next to his uniform and painted helmet. CA225DDF-8D65-4B59-8541-9FB5F3AC75F0.jpeg.1ae643df42db35641fe417a8930b54af.jpeg