New member intro

elh1311

Hi all,

Acquired an M1 helmet that had some unique characteristics so while researching, I stumbled upon on M2 thread here on this website.  Needless to say, it was an treasure trove of information.

That all being said, I'm a member of round canopy parachute team that does airshow and commemorative parachute jumps such as the Normandy anniversary, Market-Garden and occasionally Varsity. Since the focus was initially on WWII paratroopers (since branched out a little bit), it was natural that I became even more interested in the equipment they used.

In the end, I've ended up with several helmets and other little knick knacks. Thanks for letting me be a part and I look forward to reading.  

Hi guys great website! I am the grandson of Pvt. Cosimo Cordi of the 27 th Division 106 th Infantry Company D .He joined the NY Guard at 15 years old in 1917. He survived a gas attack and was credited with 4 battles in WW1. He passed away in 1993 and I would like to share some of my things I collected of the 27 th to honor him.Thanks

On 8/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, sky eagle said:

Welcome...Good People Here.

It certainly looks like it. Thanks for welcome. 

On 8/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, Old Marine said:

Hello elh,

Welcome aboard.  

Dennis

I appreciate it Dennis, thank you.