What Unit Used This Patch: 2nd Raider Company / 7th Infantry Division / 187th ABN. RCT

Bill Scott

Did the GHQ Raider Unit Have A Second Company Or Is This For Some Other Unit In Korea.Thanks for Looking And Your Comments.Scotty

Scan_20200810 (26).jpg

Scan_20200810 (27).jpg

Very interesting patch. Looks like part of 31st Inf Buccanears but found there  was a 2nd Recon Co  part of 2nd Div during 1950. Just guesses.

There was a small tag that said 2nd Division on it when it came.Bill PS I took one look and paid big to get it just so I could handle it.Scotty

I have had the below black and white image of this patch in my reference for a long time that I believe came out of one of the Chute & Dagger newsletters.  The information with this image indicates some sort of possible association with an UNPFK/UNPIK Task Force during the Korean War.  This is the first time I have seen one of these patches surface so it has got to be very rare.  Thanks for sharing this as I now have a color picture of this patch.

IMG_3735.JPG

I believe the 2nd Raider Company was apart of 7th Infantry Division / 187th ABN. RCT

Many of the 187th KW made silk patches have the same fuchsia color.

2 hours ago, Tonomachi said:

I have had the below black and white image of this patch in my reference for a long time that I believe came out of one of the Chute & Dagger newsletters.  The information with this image indicates some sort of possible association with an UNPFK/UNPIK Task Force during the Korean War.  This is the first time I have seen one of these patches surface so it has got to be very rare.  Thanks for sharing this as I now have a color picture of this patch.

IMG_3735.JPG

Well, someone beat me to it! Same info here. And a second to the info ocsfollowme has added.

24 minutes ago, sjones said:

Gentlemen. Try doing a side by side comparison and tell me if you don’t think it is one in the same patch.

So I did an image overlay in photoshop, and as sjones stated, the path is the exact same patch from the black and white photo.

It has been IDed by someone I trust as the 2nd Raider Company 8227th AU activated 2nd Dec 1950 7 Officers 171 Enlisted men and 4 ROK Interpreters.I saw this patch somewhere at least 25 years ago and could not buy it then.All things come to those that wait.