Firmin Aircrew

Tesla

Here is a Firmin Aircrew I just picked up.  It is identified as I received the soldier's dogtag (and all of the pins/ribbons/patches) and I am currently researching his information; it is tentatively associated with the 533rd Bomb Squadron.  I will update the thread once I can confirm everything.  Additionally, I need some advice.  The catch is bent closed so that the pin can't be opened.  Should I take it to  jeweler to get it opened or leave it alone?  I definately don't want to ruin the catch.20200805_205105_copy_979x334.jpg.d889c2d836e1e9c24992515d68556ddb.jpg

20200807_200059_copy_979x715.jpg

20200805_205143_copy_979x346.jpg

With something this old there is always that chance that the catch could break off, but I would think a jeweler could gently pull that catch out enough to release the pin if you really want it done.  It's a nice looking wing. The back of your wing looks very similar to the back of my Firmin Bombardier. Congrats on the pickup.

• 7 months later...

I have new information about this wing and want to share and ask for opinions.  I have been advised that this wing is a possible reproduction made by a dealer in the 1980's. (Unfortunately the dealer name wasn't remembered)  The tell for this being a reproduction is the depressed areas on either side of central section at the bottom of the wing.  I would appreciate any additional information anyone could provide to prove it is genuine or a reproduction.