Complete 3rd Marine Division Unit Rosters by Brent Spencer

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

Does this book list Iwo Jima 37th Replacement Draft  and /or 21st Marines during this 5+ week battle? If no Draft listings do you know of a publication that has a roster of the 37th  Replacement Draft?  Thanks Richard

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
suwanneetrader

Some of you now wife and I recently moved into an AL facility I gave away my Iwo Jima battle plan and threw away all of my research on Iwo Jima participants that did not go with one of my sold uniforms. Here is a link from Forum in 2013 that maybe helpful.  

Replied: August 14, 2013

Darrell: Here is link of units on Iwo in Feb 1945 including Replacement Drafts. It doesn't list 37th to the 3rd Div but my Dad's NARA shows he in 3rd Div and FMF 37th Replacement Draft Jan thru Apr.14 1945. As the link shows the 37th to 4th and 5th Div. I think they went in early to where ever they were needed. This link might help you with other research as it shows casualties for all personnel on Iwo Feb 1945. Richard

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/CGSC/CARL/nafziger/945PBAA.pdf

From years ago I may still have some documentation of vets that I spoke with that were WIA on Iwo when in 37th Replacement and a KIA Purple Heart on Iwo when 37th Replacement Draft.   Hopefully when we finish our Living Estate Sale and also sell our house I can unpack the little bit of my copied 3rd Div USMC papers, etc.  Richard