Question about Vietnam era Airborne Lifeboat First Aid Kit

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I was cleaning out a closet today and came across this first aid kit and I was hoping someone can help me out with it. I purchased this kit at an antique shows a few years ago for $10.00 and forgot just how clean it is. As you can see the paper inside says Airborne Lifeboat First Aid Kit and I thought to myself that the kit was a little to bulky for paratroopers so my question is was this used for aviation? Also, there are plenty of DSA numbers on the items but no dates. As you can see there is also a DSA number on the bottom of the kit. I know that in the early 1960's the DSA numbers did not include the year. With that being said. At the end of the DSA there is the number 66 and I was wondering if this indicates the year? Also, as you can see at one time morphine was included in the kit but it is long gone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

post-1412-1232230647.jpg

Paratroopers are not the only thing that is airborne, anything transported by air is airborne. In this case it is a life boat that is carried in search planes and dropped to someone in the water, this kit would be packed in the boat.

Manchu Warrior
Paratroopers are not the only thing that is airborne, anything transported by air is airborne. In this case it is a life boat that is carried in search planes and dropped to someone in the water, this kit would be packed in the boat.

Wow, after all them years of being mechanized infantry I now understand that anything that flies is airborne. Thanks! thumbsup.gif