We are still chasing this guys information down, but he was a US citizen that served with the 22nd regiment of the Czech Legion in WWI, interesting story there and honestly a really cool and complete uniform to find! Tunic, overcoat, trousers, puttees and a jaunty beret!

IMG_5127.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5133.JPG

Mr.JERRY

My new book on the History of the US Service Flag is available now- contact me directly for a signed copy

https://www.elmgrovepublishing.com/in-the-service-of-our-country

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
                                      spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons, US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms, Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Collectibles Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

I used to collect Czech Legion in Russia material and have quite a few original photos on my computer at home. I believe this uniform is for the Czech Legion that fought with the French, not with the Russians. Once I get home, I'll try to find some pics of this uniform in wear.

And yes, to find a complete uniform is exceptionally rare! 

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Wow that's awesome! Why choose to fight with the Czech's though opposed to the French or British? Maybe he had heritage with them. Could have been a recent immigrant that spoke the language? Please post once you have info on his service!

Hunt

I am an amateur collector of US military items of the 20th century.

Looking for items related to:

-The Aleutian Island Campaign of WW2, Alaskan Theater, Alaska Defense Command, and more specifically the Battle of Attu

-Items related to the 50th Combat Engineer Regiment/Battalion

-Items related to Wheelus Air Force Base Libya, particularly from 1957-1960

-WW2 items belonging to service members from Northern Virginia

-WW2 Uniforms (all branches and services)

-Cheap/Throwaway WW2 named uniforms

-Smaller WW2 Groupings

-7th Infantry Division Items

-WW2 Photos and Letters (all branches, theaters, services, etc)

^^ PM ME!!

Instagram: @surplus_central https://instagram.com/surplus_central/

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/giovachm

Here's a photo of a group from the 21st Regiment. You can see how the beret was worn, pulled back from the forehead. 

Screenshot_3.jpg

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Here's a shot of an artilleryman. I think that's the 272nd Artillery Company. 

Screenshot_4.jpg

Not really related, but here's a photo of the Czech Legion who fought for the Italians. 

CzechPhoto2.jpg

Another photo of the varied uniforms they wore, depending on who they were fightLegion3.jpging for... 

And probably the most well known Czech Legion, who fought against the Red Army in Siberia, and later with the Allied Army in eastern Siberia. They eventually made it home via the United States - most spending time in San Diego, in fact. 

Screenshot_5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's the Czech Legion in San Diego on July 9, 1919. They were at Camp Kearny, a part of which is today's Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. They headed east from San Diego to Europe, parading in review in Washington DC about nine days after this photo was taken: 

czechleg1.jpg

czechleg4.jpg

czechleg2.jpg

czechleg3.jpg

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif