AAF A-4 Flight Suit?

MarkM

Picked up box lot of military clothing/ammo bags, duffel bag at an estate sale this last weekend not knowing what I had (and still don't on some items). From what I can tell they are WWII era. CBI theater I think according to a jacket shoulder patch and a garrison cap looks like it was Army Engineer Corp. One of the items is an A-4 flight suit but the tag has be baffled. What do the numbers and letters mean - especially the "A.C. Order No.". The flight suit looks like it was never worn. Thanks in advance!  Mark

900-231_(2).JPG

900-231_(8).JPG

I like it!!! This is the one I picked up a little while ago!!!

The numbers are a specification drawing number and Air Corps Order Number . This being the contract number'

Hrere is my Tag.

Nice A-4 you got!!

Semper Fi

Phil

219595910_A-4tag.jpg.278b1f1111d61281a36938ff6e8c95fb.jpg

Thanks Phil! Is there a way to tell what year the suit was made just by the Drawing and A.C. Numbers? Mark

Thanks Phil! Is there a way to tell what year the suit was made just by the Drawing and A.C. Numbers? Mark

phantomfixer

you would have to research when the order number was awarded...I am not sure if anyone has compiled a list of order numbers for the A-4....

great find...nice A-4 

It is a July-August 1941 fixed price contract, that's the award month so likely it was made sometime in 1942.

Those that have Purchase Orders  include the fiscal year such as 42-6974. "42" is the fiscal year of the purchase order. How I determined the month of yours was by using known awards of similar serial numbered contracts, very close to yours.

Great infomation Dustin.

Since the OP's and my tag match, Its good to know when his/mine were made.

Thank You!!

Stay Safe

Semper Fi

Phil