ach mfg logo and pads

PaulS

Sorry to jump into this thread, but I'm restoring a 2005 MSA ACH. It currently has original MSA black straps and black/green MSA pads. I'm putting a reversible woodland/DCU cover (black label MSA) on it along with OD green eyewear retention straps on the rear. It does not have the hole in the cover for a NVD mount so I'm leaving it off. The goggles have a tan strap and black lens cover. Does this sound correct for the timeframe? I know green and black hardware were interchangeable and used concurrently. 

the goggles should be green frame, black strap.

The NVG plate on the front is designed (but rarely lines up) to screw through one of the slits in the cover. They never made a cover with a dedicated hole for the NVG plate.

59 minutes ago, saxecoburg said:

the goggles should be green frame, black strap.

The NVG plate on the front is designed (but rarely lines up) to screw through one of the slits in the cover. They never made a cover with a dedicated hole for the NVG plate.

Thanks! I don't have goggles like that (just the old M-1944 model we had in the 90s). The woodland cover doesn't have a slit anywhere close to the hole and I don't want to cut one. I'll start a new thread on this ACH.