2nd Marine Division Bronze Star Group

Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

This is a group that you can see was proudly displayed in this veteran's home. The broaches are removed from the back of both Bronze Stars and were displayed on this piece of red material along with his shooting awards with his initials. The Bronze Stars are the thicker USN/USMC type.

IMG_3297.JPG

Kurt Barickman

You can see the indents on the material where they were displayed for decades.

IMG_3298.JPG

Kurt Barickman

IMG_3303.JPGYou can see the Marine veteran scratched his initials on the back of his shooting award.

Kurt Barickman

This veteran served with the 10th Marines which was the artillery regiment of the Second Marine Division on both Tarawa and Saipan.

Kurt

IMG_3304.jpg

olivedrab1970

Great grouping and the newspaper article really hits home! Tarawa was a bloody battle all the way, it is one of my main research projects and I collect as much 2nd MarDiv. memorabilia as I can.

Robin-

Kurt Barickman

His hometown newspaper referring to a letter that he wrote home about the Battle of Tarawa, You can tell the battle made an impression on this young man,

IMG_3309.JPG

Kurt Barickman

First battalion of the 10th Marines were on the island of Betio unlike some of the other battalions of this regiment.

IMG_3312.JPG

Kurt Barickman

His Bronze Star citation for Saipan. All items in this thread are original and not copied from the archives.

IMG_3315.jpg