1986 US Pocket Knife maker Mark Question

otter42

I just picked up a standard US Army pocket knife, the maker has a Q stamped and nothing else.   Is thus Queen City Cutlery? Thanks Ken

Otter42- By chance just checked an article by Mike Silvey in "Military Knives-A Reference". Found out that Queen Cutlery did have a contract in 1985 for 194,00 MIL-K pocket knives. He states the were stamped with a "Q", and dated 1986 on the tang.  SKIP

Queen City made the MIL-K-818 knife for years.  They were supplying them to Ontario and possibly others.  The military contract knives from Queen City are identified with the stamping "Q1986".  There are two versions, the one with the stamping oriented in the normal way.  The other one is easier to show than to describe.

966934839_Queen1986MIL-K-818.jpg.61fb54d05abbb1c235904d3f8199b730.jpg2097526476_QueenMIL-K-818.jpg.49a73f62e6211cf6c5b00b018363965e.jpg

It's possible that the knife described was made by Queen City.  If so probably a knife just sold commercially.  Part of the specification for the MIL-K-818 was the inclusion of the date of manufacture for the knife.  

I misunderstood originally, when you said nothing else I took it literally without thinking about the 1986 in this thread title.  Must be old age setting in, or cabin fever.😂

Sactroop, after reading my post I can totally understand why you thought that, I wasn't very clear, thanks again. Ken