actor Wilford Brimley age 85

conn

i am not computer literate, but watching the movie  cocoon, i could recall seeing an usmc tattoo on him

can someone verify

thank you semper fi

patrick_usmc

Yep, according to wikipedia he dropped out of high school and served in the Marines from 1953-1956, spending time in the Aleutians. I had no idea he was a Marine. 
May he rest in peace.

He was a USMC Korean War vet and served 3 years I believe I read, so I'm sure it was a real tattoo. I did a quick google search but couldn't find any photos to verify. Although oddly enough there were some photos that popped up of people who got Wilford Brimley's face or caricature tattooed on them.

He actually lived a pretty interesting life. He was never a trained actor, just sort of fell into it because he was friends with Robert Duvall and he told him he should give it a shot. He spent time working as a ranch hand, blacksmith and was even a bodyguard for Howard Hughes.

thanks for all the checking by members here.

tattoo was very faded , cannot remember which arm, or part, will have to watch movie, you have only a second or two to see it, but i know i saw it    

semper fi

• 3 weeks later...

A fine actor, loved him in The China Syndrome and The Natural. What was really astonishing with him was he was always cast as an old man, older than he actual was, simply because he did look a whole lot older than he was.

Here he is at age 49 in The Natural, the film being released in 1984 but shot in 1983

image.png.48ab265cd8d6ed357d5bad6e949bba97.pngimage.png.bda495890864e83891e1e1fbb4ed0404.png

And at age 50 the following year in Cocoon released in 1985, this film being shot in 1984.

image.png.fcc7aa6bd5fadd446a6d89b4ae352d08.png

• 3 months later...

Very sad when I heard about his passing.

H. Wilford Brimley will always be "Blair" to me.

"Watch..Clark...an' watch 'im close, y'hear me??"

The Thing #1.png