If I don't have a DOD ID, where could I get today's uniform pieces?

BigBrother

So, if you see my previous post on recreating a WWII khaki summer uniform, you'll notice I'm going to build one up out of current uniform pieces (USMC long sleeve service shirt, Navy pants, etc.)

I went to https://www.mynavyexchange.com/ but you need a DOD ID to purchase uniforms, understandably I suppose.

I have no clue which third party vendors might sell the same stuff. I don't even know if surplus stores carry this sort of thing or if it's all just things like Dickies, etc.

Basically I want the same crisp poly/wool blend pieces you see people wear in the military today. Does a reputable third party site sell the same manufacturers' goods?

Thanks!!!

I would try Ebay since I've gotten a lot of my stuff from there. Most surplus stores I've seen have camo uniforms, but Im sure some sell the service uniforms your looking for too. 

I'm assuming you've done the color comparison between the USMC shirt and the Navy trousers - in my mind, I think they're different shades.

That said, I agree with Heptonic in that your best bet is to buy the items you need from eBay. Not to mention that buying the items new is exceptionally expensive...I actually buy the uniforms I wear at either the base thrift stores or on eBay as I can buy them for far less than what they cost through the Exchange.

Search eBay for “used Navy Khaki uniforms” plenty to choose from. 

Here is a long sleeve shirt for example. Hope this helps. 

132EAB6D-656A-49C7-B76B-D9909BAA932F.jpeg

6 hours ago, hink441 said:

Search eBay for “used Navy Khaki uniforms” plenty to choose from. 

Here is a long sleeve shirt for example. Hope this helps. 

132EAB6D-656A-49C7-B76B-D9909BAA932F.jpeg

Hmm, this raises an interesting point. Perhaps I was off about something. I assumed that since these were approx. half polyester, they wouldn't really wrinkle that badly. That was part of the allure for performance. But looking at that pic above, it appears they are just as susceptible as cotton. Thoughts?

50 minutes ago, BigBrother said:

Hmm, this raises an interesting point. Perhaps I was off about something. I assumed that since these were approx. half polyester, they wouldn't really wrinkle that badly. That was part of the allure for performance. But looking at that pic above, it appears they are just as susceptible as cotton. Thoughts?

Everything wrinkles at the bottom of a sea bag. 

10 minutes in the dryer and she looks almost freshly pressed! 

7 hours ago, hink441 said:

Everything wrinkles at the bottom of a sea bag. 

10 minutes in the dryer and she looks almost freshly pressed! 

Ok, so usually with the material blend of these, drying doesn't shrink them (or not too badly)?