Show your boxed medal displays

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a nice grouping of cased medals belonging to a decorated 36th division veteran and I was trying to figure out a good way to display them as I plan to keep them for a long time.

The set Includes name-etched Silver Star, Bronze Star, And Purple Heart medals along with their ribbons, lapel pins, and coffin boxes. I am hoping to build a display to properly show all these pieces in conjunction with a photo, description, and valor citations of the soldier.

I’ve attached some schematics I’ve drawn up for use with a deep riker mount that I could make up. I’d love to see how y’all do it, mount or not, so please share, I’d love to hear some suggestions!

Xs are the medals and the cites are the citations

cf07697afd2753a10f66bcc80b6aeb51.jpg

650f8583b051765bcaec51ff730f5e71.jpg

GEN. David R. Atchinson- MO State Guard              ACW

PVT. John H. Drury- Co. A, 27th Ky IR                      ACW               Died of Typhoid

PVT. Henry E. Thomas- Co. I, 17th Ky IR                  ACW

PVT. Joseph E. Drury- Co. E, 356th IR, 89th ID       WWI                WIA

SGT. Edward P. Drury- 51st QM Training Co.           WWII

PFC. Delmer C. Koonter- Co. I, 142nd IR, 36th ID    WWII              WIA

SC3c Michael C. Drury- LCS (L) (3) 70                     WWII

SGT. Steven D. Koonter- 5th Cav, 1st Cav Div         Vietnam

SGT. John M. Drury- 227th AVN Bn. 1st Cav Div     Vietnam

Contact me with items from the 36th Infantry Division or any IDd uniforms of European Theater Infantry Divisions

Very nice displays guys! Here's one I put together for my Dad. I talked him into getting his medals replaced years ago since they were all lost not long after the war. He said my grandmother ( my mom's mom ) let the kids play with them outside and that was that. :D 

29371056707_2df4898b19_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My humble contribution. Bought several old jewelry display boxes few years ago at an estate sale; about 12x12” or so with hinged top in solid wood. Anyway here’s one with a small grouping

2E83AF69-5605-4946-ACAC-7CB94651B3EC.jpeg

RIP My Stinky Faced Jumbo, the sweetest, most loving giant dog he touched the heart and life of everyone he came in contact with. He is a joyful spirit and I miss him greatly

23 April 2014

RIP My Dog Dog Jane, the Best Dog EVER. She was perfect in every way. Her spirit is with us every day. April 2019

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.

GEN George S Patton, Jr.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif