Hello from the UK

markie916

Hello to everyone. I joined a few days ago and have already had some great help in searching for some items. A great forum with tons of interesting posts. Thanks for the add. Best wishes to all, Mark.

Hi Sundance. Thanks for the message. Since I was a kid I’ve been interested in Special Forces. I’m not an expert just have an interest in them and the guys, what they are like etc. What kind of a person are they to do this work really intrigues me. So genuine SEAL and DEVGRU patches would be something I’d like to acquire. I don’t think I’d be lucky enough to find anything else from them. I’ve hopefully got a genuine Trident coming, it’s not issued but a genuine piece. SFOD-D also interests me. Obviously the British SAS and SBS, 101st and 82nd Airborne. 

I collect military watches and recently got a Benrus Type 1. 

What about you? What are your interests. 

Cheers Mark. 

the whisky drinker

Welcome to the Forum Mark,

I'm sure you will spend many good hours reading and adding to posts and growing your knowledge.

Nick

General Apathy
On 8/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, markie916 said:

Hi Sundance. Thanks for the message. Since I was a kid I’ve been interested in Special Forces. I’m not an expert just have an interest in them and the guys, what they are like etc. What kind of a person are they to do this work really intrigues me. So genuine SEAL and DEVGRU patches would be something I’d like to acquire. I don’t think I’d be lucky enough to find anything else from them. I’ve hopefully got a genuine Trident coming, it’s not issued but a genuine piece. SFOD-D also interests me. Obviously the British SAS and SBS, 101st and 82nd Airborne. 

I collect military watches and recently got a Benrus Type 1. 

What about you? What are your interests. 

Cheers Mark. 

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum, I note that you are interested in special forces and use the SAS emblem as your avatar. Some years ago at a government auction orchestrated by the Blair government all the historic contents of the British Army pattern room were sold off. Several centuries of equipment patterns were disposed of, I managed to buy the sealed pattern for the 1964 SAS cap-badge, about three years ago I donated these to the SAS museum at Hereford.  Note the lead and the wax seal on the rear of the board. 

happy landings here,  lewis.

.fullsizeoutput_5c0c.jpeg.8317c4af0fcc8ad3a677f0097ef3ff76.jpeg

.fullsizeoutput_5c06.jpeg.4f901eb0373d57376d34db05fe5663a2.jpeg

Hi Lewis,  thanks for the message and welcome. A very interesting piece you had and nice of you to donate it. Did you buy anything else? Mark.

Hi Archangel. Thanks for the message. I was born in the south east of the country but I live in London now. 

😀

5 hours ago, markie916 said:

Hi Archangel. Thanks for the message. I was born in the south east of the country but I live in London now. 

😀

welcome, my family are all Londoner's