Camp Pendleton AAV accident victims

Bob Hudson

A terrible shame. Accidents and mishaps always going to happen. Our young ones volunteering need to realize the dangers involved especially in the combat arms field. I was 82nd in the seventies, in one year ( I can't recall date) we lost 24 in jumping, live fire, field accidents. Fireman, law enforcement, fire jumpers, all subject to an early " retirement", but thank God we can still find those that willingly serve in a growing society of snowflakes that look down on warriors.

olivedrab1970

There have been 3 training accidents within recent years with Amtracs and LAV's in USMCBCP,  when I was stationed there back in the 90's there where all kinds of training accidents that nobody really hears about. I remember when I was younger talking to combat vets and them telling me that people where killed all the time in accidents vs combat, and I can see how sometimes when people are not paying attention and goofing off! In this case it is unknown if it is mechanical or human error at this point, either way it is a blow to the Corps and the service community and I have lost 8 more brothers. Semper Fidelis-

Robin-