WW2 Era Ribbon ID

Homer

This one has me at a loss. I found this mixed in with the other ribbons and medals my Grandfather was awarded during WW2. I've been looking everywhere I can think of, but still can't find out where it came from. Thought I'd see if you experts could either ID it or point me in the right direction to look.

1st view...

post-5229-1232214283.jpg

2nd view...

post-5229-1232214292.jpg

2 pics of the back

post-5229-1232214598.jpg

post-5229-1232214715.jpg

I have no idea. Do you know if he was part of any organizations like the VFW, American Legion, ROTC, local police / fire dept, etc???

ADMIN is right, we need more clues. What was your grandfather's branch of service? (Army, Navy, etc, etc.) What state did he live in at that time? What are the other ribbons? These things might help narrow things down. thumbsup.gif

Good luck

Nick

Guess a little background would help. He was in the Army between '42 and '45 as part of the 36th ID. Thought it might be a state NG award but can't find anything from Texas. He lived in Ohio almost his entire life, but I couldn't find anything there either. He was a Mason and I think that's the only organization he was ever a part of, but I don't think they issue awards like this. To answer you other question Nick, his other ribbons were the standard ones most enlisted men earned during that period...

1. GCM

2. American Campaign

3. EAME

If there's other questions I can answer to help clue someone in, let me know. I think I've looked under every rock but I keep coming up empty.

~Take care,

Dave

That ribbon was used as the old style Civil Air Patrol Cadet recruiting ribbon. It was replaced by a newer design in the 1980's. I think too that this ribbon may have seen duty elsewhere as maybe a state award of some type.

That ribbon was used as the old style Civil Air Patrol Cadet recruiting ribbon. It was replaced by a newer design in the 1980's. I think too that this ribbon may have seen duty elsewhere as maybe a state award of some type.

I agree, definately a late ribbon and not WWII. The clutchbacks and the general look post-dates WWII by quite a bit. As Lee mentions, any chance he was with CAP at one point?

-Ski

Thanks Lee...Thanks Ski. I doubt he was ever with CAP but I can go back to other family to confirm. Thanks again for the info.

~Take care,

Dave